Farol de Mãe Luíza
The Farol de Natal is the official name of what is popularly known as Farol de Mãe Luíza. It is located in Morro de Mãe Luíza, district of the Eastern District of Natal, in the passage near the Coastal Highway, one of the most beautiful city. From there you can see on the north beach Genipabu and south to the beach of Ponta Negra. The construction of the lighthouse began in 1949 and completed in 1951, the year of its inauguration. The lighthouse has a concrete tower and a staircase that, with 151 steps. The lantern in the tower, works with electricity. But, in case of failure, the alternative system of gas, operated manually, goes into operation. His light beam reaches a length of 44 km and emits flashes every 12 seconds. It is administered by the Capitania dos Portos do Rio Grande do Norte. Via Costeira, s / n - Mãe Luíza. Phone: (84) 211 4959
Forte dos Reis Magos
In the context of Philippine Dynasty, when the conquest of the Northeastern coast of Brazil, then threatened by French privateers who trafficked there Brazil wood ("Caesalpinia echinata"), the bar of the Rio Grande (do Norte) was achieved by Portuguese troops, under the command of Captain General of the Province of Pernambuco, Manuel Mascarenhas Homem, with orders to start a fortification.
For the defense of the camp by the beach, started a palisade stockade and mud, with plant in a circular shape, stylish indigenous, January 6, 1598 (day of the Holy Kings), while they proceeded to the final site selection the fortifications ordered by the Crown: a reef at the entrance of the bar, stranded at high tide and at low tide, allowing communication with the mainland
Ponte Newton Navarro
The bridge, whose passage estaiado was designed by the Italian engineer Mario de Miranda, has about 1.8 km long of which 500 meters are supported by steel cables attached to two central blocks of 110 meters, and the rest sustained by conventional openings. The bridge is a road and stage lighting, and a curve of almost 90º on the descent towards North-Central Zone (north coast, south coast), which involves the installation of speed bumps.
Cajueiro de Pirangi
The tree covers an area of approximately 8500 m², with a perimeter of approximately 500 m and produces about 70 to 80 000 in the cashew crop, equivalent to 2.5 tons. And its size is the equivalent of 70 cashew trees. The cashew tree have been planted in 1888 by a fisherman named Luis Inacio de Oliveira, the fisherman died, at age 93, under the shadows of the tree.